From: Stephen on
These commands don't work when I type them into Vista's Command Prompt. Are
they different for Vista or is there a certain way to type them in.

From: TaurArian on
Stephen, Vista and XP are not alike -

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

and/or

Windows Update Error 80072efd
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/93b6ab71-8b21-4b50-b40e-abb80eba29271033.mspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Stephen" <Stephen(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> These commands don't work when I type them into Vista's Command Prompt.
> Are
> they different for Vista or is there a certain way to type them in.
>
> "Diana" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 0x8002efd this translates to ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
>>
>> This is normally caused by a Firewall or Proxy.
>>
>> Run the following commands at the command prompt (one by one) and than
>> test
>> Windows Update:
>> 1. Net stop wuauserv
>> 2. Proxycfg -d
>> 3. Net start wuauserv
>>
>> Diana
>>
>> Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith(a)hotmail.com>
>> CSS Security Team

>> rights.
>>

>> "wildbill" <wildbill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Pages: 1
Prev: Error 0x800700003
Next: Error number: 0x800706D3