From: Ravindra. on
Hi All,

I have windows xp, SP2 installed in my system and I have cognos ver.5 user
version installed on the same. Every time i try to run a report on cognos for
the first time I get the following error:

The instruction at "0x73dd11c7" referenced memory at "0x000000004". The
memory could not be "read".

After getting this error the application gets closed and if i relogin again
i am able to run the report. This happens with every report I run on cognos.

Could anyone please help me out why the error is appearing with some
solutions.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravindra.
From: Leonard Grey on
What does Cognos say about this question?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: SC Tom on
Ravindra. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have windows xp, SP2 installed in my system and I have cognos ver.5
> user version installed on the same. Every time i try to run a report
> on cognos for the first time I get the following error:
>
> The instruction at "0x73dd11c7" referenced memory at "0x000000004".
> The memory could not be "read".
>
> After getting this error the application gets closed and if i relogin
> again i am able to run the report. This happens with every report I
> run on cognos.
>
> Could anyone please help me out why the error is appearing with some
> solutions.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Ravindra.

If it used to work, and doesn't now, what has changed on your PC?
Look in the Event Logs and see if anything stands out there.
Download Memtest86 http://www.memtest86.com/download.html , create the
bootable CD, and run it to see if you have any bad RAM.
Check on IBM's site and see if there are any patches/updates to Cognos that
you need.
--
SC Tom