From: INPATIENT DOCTOR <INPATIENT on
Microsoft,
By now there are hundreds if not thousands of people who cannot download
this update. Instead of the usual "Try to install the update again, or
request help from one of the following resources" why don't you fix your
problem and then tell us how to download this. The questions posted go back
months, up to today. COULD YOU TELL ME EXACTLY HOW TO FIX YOUR PROBLEM?

From: Oceana Rose on
ME TOO. My error is Error Code: 0x80200010 . I don't have time for this.
NOthing has worked for me in this Update.

From: Michael Jennings on
If you demand that Microsoft to respond to your Windows Update issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=1&gprid=6527

Microsoft generally refrains from posting to this group - instead users
may respond to other users with advice for self-help. Here's what I found:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899619/

If you installed security update MS05-004 prior to .net 1.1 sp1,
then installation of .net 1.1 sp1 won't complete. There's the fix, but
in the course of the fix, your computer is opened to attack. The KB says
for this problem *not* to install .net 1.1 sp1 unless you really have to.

Here is the .net 1.1 installation troubleshooter:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824643/

I found those links through the Update installation troubleshooter:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=906602&SD=tech

From: Michael Jennings on
Your error code may indicate that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service
can't find the internet. "BG_E_NETWORK_DISCONNECTED (0x80200010)
The network adapter is inactive or disconnected. All jobs are placed in the BG_JOB_STATE_TRANSIENT_ERROR state."

Except for the suggestion to engage with Windows Update email support,
my advice to INPATIENT DOCTOR probably doesn't apply to your case.

From: Michael Jennings on
I noticed this posted elsewhere here - if your problem is BITS it's a fix:
http://castlecops.com/t106642-How_To_Fix_Windows_Update_BITS_Newly_Edited.html