From: "Jardyus" <yussil AT juno DOT on
I am trying to run Windows Update on a brand new server, and I am getting an
0x80072EE2 error. I have tried a number of different troubleshooting steps
with no results. I tried installing SUS, and it is not working either. The
troubleshooting steps that I took were:
1) Verified Internet Connectivity

2) There is no firewall configured - I even disabled Windows firewall for a
brief period to verify that this is not the problem.

3) Added Windows Update and Microsoft Update to the Trusted Sites zone

4) Verified that there are no entries other than localhost in the hosts file

5) Cleared the DNS Resolver Cache

6) Cleared the WinHTTP proxy configuration

7) Re-installed the Windows Update files (I tried to re-install but it told
me that the files were all updated and there was no need).

I do not know what else to try at this point. There was nothing else
installed on this server - so I don't know what the problem could be. Other
machines on the network seem to connect to Windows Update perfectly so I am
not sure what the problem is.

The error message I got from SUS was:error communicating with the upstream
server.
The details are:
WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
remote server.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult
asyncResult)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetAuthConfig()
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.InternetGetServerAuthConfig(ServerSyncProxy
proxy, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.Authenticate(AuthorizationManager
authorizationManager, Boolean checkExpiration, ServerSyncProxy proxy, Cookie
cookie, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.InternalGetConfig()
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.CatalogSyncThreadProcessReal(Boolean
allowRedirect)

Pages: 1
Prev: Error number: 0x8DDD0003
Next: error