From: jj on
Folks,
I have DTS jobs that I moved to a SQL 2005 server which run fine when I
execute them manually as 'legacy' jobs. However, when I try to schedule them
(run them via SSIS), they generate this error:

Error:
Code: 0xC0207015
Source: DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DestinationFile [43]
"ward". The data source column names must be unique.

Why does SQL 2005 choke on this when SQL 200 didn't? Am I missing something?
Please advise, thx.

From: Michael Coles on
"jj" <jj(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Folks,
> I have DTS jobs that I moved to a SQL 2005 server which run fine when I
> execute them manually as 'legacy' jobs. However, when I try to schedule
> them
> (run them via SSIS), they generate this error:
>
> Error:
> Code: 0xC0207015
> Source: DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DestinationFile [43]
> "ward". The data source column names must be unique.
>
> Why does SQL 2005 choke on this when SQL 200 didn't? Am I missing
> something?
> Please advise, thx.

I haven't run any DTS jobs on 2005 in legacy mode yet, but I could take a
guess at what your problem is. Do you happen to have a SELECT * with joins
and have a column named "ward" in multiple tables that are being joined? If
so just explicitly name all the columns in your source query. It's more
efficient and considered a best practice.

--
Thanks

Michael Coles
SQL Server MVP
Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
(http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)

From: sriram on
Hi,

Have a look at the query, you may be duplicating the names.

And also check the server editions, you encounter these kind of issues
when your destination is a 64 bit one...

Sriram
www.sqllike.com
From: Uri Dimant on
I agree with what Michael said, I assume you get the data from AS400?