From: Andi Kleen on
> This is a better way to go anyway because it really is a proper
> "fallback" alloc. I think that possibly used to work (ie. kmem_getpages
> would be able to pass -1 for the node there) but got broken along the
> line.

Thanks for the review.

I should add there's still one open problem: in some cases
the oom killer kicks in on hotadd. Still working on that one.

In general hotadd was mighty bitrotted :/

> Although it's not such a hot path to begin with, care to put a branch
> annotation there?

pointer == NULL is already default unlikely in gcc

/* Pointers are usually not NULL. */
DEF_PREDICTOR (PRED_POINTER, "pointer", HITRATE (85), 0)
DEF_PREDICTOR (PRED_TREE_POINTER, "pointer (on trees)", HITRATE (85), 0)

-Andi

--
ak(a)linux.intel.com -- Speaking for myself only.