From: Andi Kleen on
> This patch will actually break things.. please read the code.
>
> I guess we could move the unsigned long into that block, but I really
> don't see the point.

How does it break things?

ptr is not used for anything unless that define is set. gcc doesn't
lie on this.

-Andi

--
ak(a)linux.intel.com -- Speaking for myself only.
From: Andi Kleen on
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 05:19:36PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 17:06 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > +#if defined(CONFIG_CPUMASK_OFFSTACK) || defined(CONFIG_FAIR_GROUP_SCHED)
>
> Still wrong.. something like the below might work, but I really think
> its not worth the trouble.

Yes it seems the ifdef maze in this function is too much for me.

Anyways I retract the patch, but you'll be reminded of it once
you update to gcc 4.6

-Andi