From: Lgabby on
I have been searching the threads to find a solution but so far have
come up empty! I have an Acer Travelmate C310 running XP Tablet
Edition. A couple of weeks ago my computer started coming to a halt if
I had Internet Explorer and other windows open.

I tried to find out what was taking up the processes. I was finally
able to determine that the system image was taking up 98% plus of my
resources. I couldn't find what the system image was. I downloaded
sysinternals Process Explorer and was finally able to isolate the usage
to the following:
"ntkrnlpa.exe!ExQueueWorkItem+0xb2" I tried to kill the process but it
comes back to the same pecentage of utlization.

Any suggestions?

From: Jaymon on
http://www.programchecker.com/file/2621.aspx
Search your computer for ntkrnlpa.exe and compare with versions on the above
site to see if all instances of the file are authentic..
I have several older versions on my system that check out ok, ie.. genuine
MS OS file versions..

You may have spyware or other baddies affecting your system causing IE to
slow the system, see links below..
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/DiagnoseXP.html
Also, make sure you are up to date with your drivers etc.. from Acer.. See
link below, if it applies..?
http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal20.cfm?website=AcerPanAm.com/us&siteid=7293&areaid=7&formid=3394#results
Cheers..
j;-j