From: Christian Kujau on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 at 17:22, Stefan Lippers-Hollmann wrote:
> Still existing in 2.6.34 and 2.6.35 HEAD, however a patch fixing the issue
> for b2c2-flexcop/ flexcop-pci has been posted last week:

So, now we have two patches for slightly different issues?

* http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1006.0/00137.html
...fixes the flexcop-pci.c driver.

* http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/52978/
...fixes "some bogus firmwares include properties with "/" in their
name". I'm not sure if this would make the flexcop-pci.c badness go
away too.

Anyway, both patches are not upstream yet, but Michael mentioned that
Grant Likely or Ben might push it eventually.

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #363:

Out of cards on drive D:
From: Grant Likely on
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Christian Kujau <lists(a)nerdbynature.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 at 17:22, Stefan Lippers-Hollmann wrote:
>> Still existing in 2.6.34 and 2.6.35 HEAD, however a patch fixing the issue
>> for b2c2-flexcop/ flexcop-pci has been posted last week:
>
> So, now we have two patches for slightly different issues?
>
> * http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1006.0/00137.html
> �...fixes the flexcop-pci.c driver.
>
> * http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/52978/
> �...fixes "some bogus firmwares include properties with "/" in their
> �name". I'm not sure if this would make the flexcop-pci.c badness go
> �away too.
>
> Anyway, both patches are not upstream yet, but Michael mentioned that
> Grant Likely or Ben might push it eventually.

On brief review, they look like completely different issues. I doubt
the second patch will fix the flexcop-pci issue. I'll pick up the
device tree patch, but the flexcop-pci patch should go in by the
v4l/dvb tree.

g.
From: Alexey Dobriyan on
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 01:57:40PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> On brief review, they look like completely different issues. I doubt
> the second patch will fix the flexcop-pci issue.

It will, see how name wht slashes propagated by request_irq()
From: Jindrich Makovicka on
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:39:48 +0300
Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 01:57:40PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > On brief review, they look like completely different issues. I
> > doubt the second patch will fix the flexcop-pci issue.
>
> It will, see how name wht slashes propagated by request_irq()

Yes, the latter patch dodges the issue with flexcop driver by simply
skipping the directory creation, but both patches should be applied IMO.
The former to fix the flexcop driver because we can trivially fix it,
the latter to solve problems with any generic bogus firmware.

--
Jindrich Makovicka

From: Grant Likely on
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 01:57:40PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
>> On brief review, they look like completely different issues. �I doubt
>> the second patch will fix the flexcop-pci issue.
>
> It will, see how name wht slashes propagated by request_irq()

I think we've crossed wires. By second patch I mean the patch that
changes OF code. That change has absolutely no bearing on the
flexcop-pci driver. The patch to the flexcop-pci driver looks correct
to me, but it is completely unrelated to the OF badness.

g.