From: Greg KH on
Hi all,

If you haven't noticed, all of the new features for USB are now merged
in Linus's tree for the .35 kernel version. At this point in time, I'm
only expecting there to be minor bugfixes and new device ids for the .35
kernel for the USB subsystem. Anything else, will be gladly accepted by
me at any time, but note that I will be queueing it up for the .36
kernel release.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

thanks,

greg k-h

p.s. Yes, this is in direct response to the crazy direct emails that
people love to send me begging me to take their untested and buggy code
with the promise of them fixing it up later at some future time. AMD,
this means you.
From: Sergei Shtylyov on
Hello.

Greg KH wrote:

> Hi all,

> If you haven't noticed, all of the new features for USB are now merged
> in Linus's tree for the .35 kernel version. At this point in time, I'm
> only expecting there to be minor bugfixes and new device ids for the .35
> kernel for the USB subsystem. Anything else, will be gladly accepted by
> me at any time, but note that I will be queueing it up for the .36
> kernel release.

> If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

How about the new drivers (or new glue layers) and the
"new-driver-can't-break-anything" rule? ;-)

> thanks,

> greg k-h

> p.s. Yes, this is in direct response to the crazy direct emails that
> people love to send me begging me to take their untested and buggy code
> with the promise of them fixing it up later at some future time. AMD,
> this means you.

WBR, Sergei

From: Greg KH on
On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:26:05AM +0400, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Greg KH wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
>
> >If you haven't noticed, all of the new features for USB are now merged
> >in Linus's tree for the .35 kernel version. At this point in time, I'm
> >only expecting there to be minor bugfixes and new device ids for the .35
> >kernel for the USB subsystem. Anything else, will be gladly accepted by
> >me at any time, but note that I will be queueing it up for the .36
> >kernel release.
>
> >If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
>
> How about the new drivers (or new glue layers) and the
> "new-driver-can't-break-anything" rule? ;-)

Perhaps, but a glue layer does not sound very "stand alone", especially
in the musb space.

Brand new drivers would be easy to be merged, as always.

thanks,

greg k-h