From: Phil l'ancien on
J. P. Gilliver (John)
> Phil l'ancien

>>Do you know one that can produce one pdf file for
>>every page ?
>>eg : you've got a 2 pages word document. when you "print" it
>>to pdf, you get 2 pdf documents, one for each page.

> I am intrigued: why do you need this procedure?

Hi John.
I've constituted a rather big documents base (mostly pdf and word), and
use Google desktop to search it.

In that base, some documents are short and focus on a subject.
But most documents are press archive (Scientific american since 1997,
daily press , etc). With such documents, fulltext keyword search is not
very efficient. eg : suppose I want to know what Einstein thought about
neutrons.
Nearly every issue of scientific amercian contains the words 'Einstein' and
'neutron',
in the same article (that's interesting), or in two unrelated articles (not
interesting).

That's the reason why I'd like to convert my document base into 1 page
documents,
so the search gives more interesting results. Pages containing both
'Einstein' and 'neutron'
are much more likely to contain information of interest.

I wouldn't need to do this '1 page' conversion if I used a search engine
that has
the 'near' operator. Does the native windows indexing fonction have it ?

Phil l'ancien-

From: J. P. Gilliver (John) on
In message <4b379461$0$17494$ba4acef3(a)news.orange.fr>, Phil l'ancien
<nicetry(a)noway.com> writes:
>J. P. Gilliver (John)
>> Phil l'ancien
>
>>>Do you know one that can produce one pdf file for
>>>every page ?
>>>eg : you've got a 2 pages word document. when you "print" it
>>>to pdf, you get 2 pdf documents, one for each page.
>
>> I am intrigued: why do you need this procedure?
[]
>That's the reason why I'd like to convert my document base into 1 page
>documents,
>so the search gives more interesting results. Pages containing both
>'Einstein' and 'neutron'
>are much more likely to contain information of interest.

Thanks for explaining.

>I wouldn't need to do this '1 page' conversion if I used a search engine
>that has
>the 'near' operator. Does the native windows indexing fonction have it ?
[]
Don't think so. Anyone know?
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar(a)T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

Dictionary: Opinion presented as truth in alphabetical order. -John Ralston
Saul, essayist, novelist, and critic (1947- )