From: Banana on
On 4/16/10 12:30 AM, The Frog wrote:
> The use of .Net for some things will make life easier, hence my
> earlier question about native .Net support in A 2010. Looks like VSTO
> is the way to go for this (or whatever the version for Office 2010 is
> called).

Looking quickly in VS2010, there's nothing specially for Access for
VSTO, as was the case since inception of VSTO. VSTO support has been
pretty much limited to Excel, Outlook, Word and maybe Powerpoint.

This is not to say you can't use .Net at all -- it is possible to write
a DLL that Access can then consume but you have to write for COM
interoperability which I would think require quite well grounded
understanding of boht .NET and COM worlds. You also could still write a
Shared Add-In, which Access (and any other Microsoft Office) can consume
and the template at least get you set up quickly.

There are also more ways to get Access work with .NET but it's same
bottom line - requires a good amount of effort and understanding.
From: Albert D. Kallal on
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal(a)msn.com> wrote in
>
>> "David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> I would assume that you would start with a 64-bit Windows and
>>> install Office 32-bit, and run a virtual machine with 64-bit
>>> Windows on which you'd install the 64-bit Office. I believe this
>>> is something that one of the Office Watch articles suggests
>>> explicitly.
>>
>> Unfortunately, there is no 64 bit support in Virtual PC for guest
>> os.
>>
>> So, you have use the free v-box, or something like vmware.
>
> What's a "free v-box"?

sorry: virtual box... free from sun microsystems

http://www.virtualbox.org/

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

From: Access Developer on

"Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> sorry, using voice dictation here:
>
> so:
>> ridden customize = ribbon customize
>

>> right click on a Redmond = right click on a ribbon
>

>> now ridden development is far faster = now ribbon...

No need to apologize... I loved 'em, Albert. I was just trying to work out
in my mind, though, how I'd "right click on a Redmond". <GRIN>

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: Problem with query
Next: Append Query error with apostrophe