From: Salad on
BobbyDazzler wrote:
> Thanks for replying again, Salad.
>
> I accept what you are saying. Using your suggestion, what would I do
> if the customer had 3 outstanding invoices (100, 60 and 40) and paid
> 150?
> Would I need to keep a track of the payment received and how it was
> allocated? How would I set this up?

I don't know. As I said in the prior post, I would ask the person in
charge.

Many years ago, mid 90's I had something similar. The user would enter
a customer number. A list of unpaid invoices would be presented for the
customer. The op would enter the check # and dollar amount. Then
select an invoice and mark/flag it paid. Do that until the entire check
was allocated. Some customers may specify which invoices they are
paying. So you'd mark those paid. Any leftover can go to any unpaid
invoices. Or else they'd have a credit.

Like I said, talk to the boss.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2