From: John Doe on
Does this sound right?

motor shaft revolutions per scooter wheel revolution
8.15
wheel circumference
39.27"
wheel movement per shaft revolution
4.82"
motor shaft revolutions per minute (estimated)
3500
inches traveled per hour
1,011,900
inches in a mile
63360
miles per hour
15.97

I am pretty sure that motor can propel me at 16 mph. And as long as
the motor shaft revolutions per minute estimate is not too small,
seems to me it will work.

In that case, I just have to put the small sprocket on the bash motor
shaft and mount it.

I would like to use a Bosch 36V cordless hammer drill motor. The
electric scooter motor is the stock eZip 750, supposedly 750W. A
Bosch motor is small compared to the scooter motor. The biggest
benefit will be the very light lithium ion batteries, versus the very
heavy SLA stock scooter batteries.
From: Nobody on
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:55:43 +0000, John Doe wrote:

> Does this sound right?

You're only considering the speed. You also need to consider the torque or
power (power = torque * angular speed).

And even if you can find a 750W cordless drill motor, the scooter motor
will be intended to run at full power for extended periods, while the
drill motor is likely to be rated based upon intermittent use.

From: amdx on

"John Doe" <jdoe(a)usenetlove.invalid> wrote in message
> Does this sound right?
>
> motor shaft revolutions per scooter wheel revolution
> 8.15
> wheel circumference
> 39.27"
> wheel movement per shaft revolution
> 4.82"
> motor shaft revolutions per minute (estimated)
> 3500
> inches traveled per hour
> 1,011,900
> inches in a mile
> 63360
> miles per hour
> 15.97
>
> I am pretty sure that motor can propel me at 16 mph. And as long as
> the motor shaft revolutions per minute estimate is not too small,
> seems to me it will work.
>
> In that case, I just have to put the small sprocket on the bash motor
> shaft and mount it.
>
> I would like to use a Bosch 36V cordless hammer drill motor. The
> electric scooter motor is the stock eZip 750, supposedly 750W. A
> Bosch motor is small compared to the scooter motor. The biggest
> benefit will be the very light lithium ion batteries, versus the very
> heavy SLA stock scooter batteries.

Yes, I get 15.97 MPH.
When was the last time you ran your Bosch
drill for 15 minutes at full load?
Maybe the scooter motor is bigger for a reason.
Here's my fun with electric motors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKjbXltAew
I have since got the new deep cycle batteries.
MikeK

From: John Doe on
"amdx" <amdx knology.net> wrote:

> Yes, I get 15.97 MPH.
> When was the last time you ran your Bosch drill for 15 minutes
> at full load? Maybe the scooter motor is bigger for a reason.

My problem is the SLA batteries that weigh 17 pounds, way too
heavy. I need to remake my "push stick" into something
significantly lighter. My application resembles this guy's "Roller
Cycle", except mine must be electric.

http://j.b5z.net/i/u/2055639/f/ongrass.ram

You can find "Roller Cycle" on YouTube too.

That requires being able to inline skate well, and it is radical.
The stroking is just for show, you do not need to stroke when
being pushed 15 mph or faster. He is using Rollerblade Coyotes, an
out of production off-road skate.

> Here's my fun with electric motors.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKjbXltAew

That is neat. Good to see the helmets. Skaters (all types) should
wear helmets, but too often do not.

From: PeterD on
On 06 Aug 2010 23:41:20 GMT, John Doe <jdoe(a)usenetlove.invalid> wrote:

>"amdx" <amdx knology.net> wrote:

>> Yes, I get 15.97 MPH.
>> When was the last time you ran your Bosch drill for 15 minutes
>> at full load? Maybe the scooter motor is bigger for a reason.
>
>My problem is the SLA batteries that weigh 17 pounds, way too
>heavy. I need to remake my "push stick" into something
>significantly lighter. My application resembles this guy's "Roller
>Cycle", except mine must be electric.
>
>http://j.b5z.net/i/u/2055639/f/ongrass.ram
>
>You can find "Roller Cycle" on YouTube too.
>
>That requires being able to inline skate well, and it is radical.
>The stroking is just for show, you do not need to stroke when
>being pushed 15 mph or faster. He is using Rollerblade Coyotes, an
>out of production off-road skate.
>
>> Here's my fun with electric motors.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKjbXltAew
>
>That is neat. Good to see the helmets. Skaters (all types) should
>wear helmets, but too often do not.

First seperate battery technology from the motor requirements. Using
LiON batteries may work. Using a Bosch drill for power certainly
won't, at least not for very long...
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: low frequency amplification