From: Sahil Tandon on
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Shawn Fee wrote:

> Is there a fix for the "451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error" yet?
> I heard to increase the smtp_proxy_timeout = 600s in the main.cf file,
> but then I heard that can run down your server.

The 451 sent from your server to SMTP clients is purposely vague to
protect your internal configuration details from public exposure. See
the log on the server in question for more useful debugging. If you
need more help, please clearly explain the problem after reviewing
DEBUG_README.

> Is there any patches or hot fixes that actually work? I have Postfix
> 9.3.0 and the 451 error is still not fixed.

Postfix 9.3.0 does not exist; what version are you actually using?

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)tandon.net>

From: Wietse Venema on
Shawn Fee:
> Is there a fix for the "451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error" yet? I
> heard to increase the smtp_proxy_timeout = 600s in the main.cf file, but
> then I heard that can run down your server.

You have a configuration error, and you need to look in the Postfix
mail logfile for details. Postfix will not reveal these details in
its reponses to SMTP clients.

Wietse

From: "Shawn Fee" on
Sorry I meant Plesk 9.3.0. And the problem was suppose to be fixed in this
realease.

Shawn Fee
SGF IT Solutions, LLC | IT Manager

813.817.8706
sfee(a)sgfitsolutions.com

From: Wietse Venema on
Shawn Fee:
> Sorry I meant Plesk 9.3.0. And the problem was suppose to be fixed in this
> realease.

What is the Postfix logfile warning message?

Wietse

From: "Shawn Fee" on
What is the command to check that..I've never checked the Postfix log file.
It would be extremely helpful to know. I know how to SSH into my server just
don't know all the commands.