From: b on
Hi,
When folks send email to a user at this business they get the following
message

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
<mail.xx.org #5.5.0 smtp;550 No such domain at this location
(xx(a)eastersealsma.org)>

thanks
From: Susan on
I just looked at dnsreport.com, and see a valid MX record, and it was able
to connect to your email server...is everyone getting this? what's a valid
address there to test?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

From: b on
you may send email to bramo(a)cowc.org

From: b on
So far two users when they sent email to this domain have received the NDR,
but when you try to send the NDR again it works.

"b" wrote:

> you may send email to bramo(a)cowc.org
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > I just looked at dnsreport.com, and see a valid MX record, and it was able
> > to connect to your email server...is everyone getting this? what's a valid
> > address there to test?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "b" <b(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > When folks send email to a user at this business they get the following
> > > message
> > >
> > > There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
> > > Please contact your system administrator.
> > > <mail.xx.org #5.5.0 smtp;550 No such domain at this location
> > > (xxintermittent DNS issue.
)>

From: Susan on
but that's not the eastersealsma.org domain...? which email domain is in
question? dnsreport.com reports being unable to connect to the mail server
for cowc.org - here's the error:

ERROR: I could not complete a connection to any of your mailservers!

mx.cowc.org: Timed out [Last data sent: RCPT TO: ]

If this is a timeout problem, note that the DNSreport only waits about 40
seconds for responses, so your mail *may* work fine in this case but you
will need to use testing tools specifically designed for such situations to
be certain.