From: Nigel on
Hi

Sorry if this question comes up time and time again, I have tried to google
etc but just get myself more and more confused.

I have a Linux server on which I host half a dozen domains that I own, to
date they are only really used as mail servers. They all work perfectly
except for the last one which I set for my nice. Email gets rejected with
550 xxxxxxxx(a)xxxx.com invalid address (in reply to RCPT To command). It
works fine for some domains....
As you can imagine my nice is starting to realise that her uncle isn't as
clever as he would like her think, any suggestions or pointers in the right
direction would be appreciated.
thanks.

From: J.O. Aho on
Nigel wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry if this question comes up time and time again, I have tried to google
> etc but just get myself more and more confused.
>
> I have a Linux server on which I host half a dozen domains that I own, to
> date they are only really used as mail servers. They all work perfectly
> except for the last one which I set for my nice. Email gets rejected with
> 550 xxxxxxxx(a)xxxx.com invalid address (in reply to RCPT To command). It
> works fine for some domains....
> As you can imagine my nice is starting to realise that her uncle isn't as
> clever as he would like her think, any suggestions or pointers in the right
> direction would be appreciated.

You haven't blocked further users on those domains it don't work
at/etc/mail/virtusertable with something like:

@xxxx.com 550: invalid address

--

//Aho
From: Res on
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, J.O. Aho wrote:

> Nigel wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Sorry if this question comes up time and time again, I have tried to google
>> etc but just get myself more and more confused.
>>
>> I have a Linux server on which I host half a dozen domains that I own, to
>> date they are only really used as mail servers. They all work perfectly
>> except for the last one which I set for my nice. Email gets rejected with
>> 550 xxxxxxxx(a)xxxx.com invalid address (in reply to RCPT To command). It
>> works fine for some domains....
>> As you can imagine my nice is starting to realise that her uncle isn't as
>> clever as he would like her think, any suggestions or pointers in the right
>> direction would be appreciated.
>
> You haven't blocked further users on those domains it don't work
> at/etc/mail/virtusertable with something like:
>
> @xxxx.com 550: invalid address

Make sure the domain is in your local-host-names file spelt correctly.
Do some tests on the domain, see http://its.ausics.net
you can relay test from there.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie