From: Ludovicus on
Ribemboim in "The New Book of Prime Numbers Records"(1996) pag 250
says:
".... it is also not known that every even natural number is a
difference of two
primes (even without requiring them to be consecutive)."
I suspect that that is a theorem and easily demonstrable.
Ludovicus
From: Gerry on
On Aug 4, 9:55 pm, Ludovicus <luir...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ribemboim in "The New Book of Prime Numbers Records"(1996) pag 250
> says:
> ".... it is also not known that every even natural number is a
> difference of two
>  primes (even without requiring them to be consecutive)."
> I suspect that that is a theorem  and easily demonstrable.

I suspect that you don't know what you're talking about.
--
GM
From: Chip Eastham on
On Aug 4, 7:55 am, Ludovicus <luir...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ribemboim in "The New Book of Prime Numbers Records"(1996) pag 250
> says:
> ".... it is also not known that every even natural number is a
> difference of two
>  primes (even without requiring them to be consecutive)."
> I suspect that that is a theorem  and easily demonstrable.
> Ludovicus

Ribenboim's editor is lax in places in this book, but
this statement is still correct as far as what's "not
known."

Perhaps you have in mind to consider an arithmetic
sequence Pk + E where E is the given even number and
P some (odd) number relatively prime to E. Such a
sequence will have infinitely many primes, but there
is no guarantee any two consecutive entries are both
prime, which is what the conjecture above would entail
(for some P).

regards, chip
From: Ludovicus on
On 4 ago, 09:49, Chip Eastham <hardm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 7:55 am, Ludovicus <luir...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Ribemboim in "The New Book of Prime Numbers Records"(1996) pag 250
> > says:
> > ".... it is also not known that every even natural number is a
> > difference of two
> >  primes (even without requiring them to be consecutive)."
> > I suspect that that is a theorem  and easily demonstrable.
> > Ludovicus
>
> Ribenboim's editor is lax in places in this book, but
> this statement is still correct as far as what's "not
> known."
>
> Perhaps you have in mind to consider an arithmetic
> sequence Pk + E where E is the given even number and
> P some (odd) number relatively prime to E.  Such a
> sequence will have infinitely many primes, but there
> is no guarantee any two consecutive entries are both
> prime, which is what the conjecture above would entail
> (for some P).
>
> regards, chip

Thanks Chip
That was exactly what I had in mind.
I found, experimentally that the first 30000 even numbers
can make true the conjecture with only the primes from 3
to 151. Immediately I think in Dirichlet's theorem.
Regards. Luis