From: John Smith on
Hello

I need to sample 8 thermocouple channels at about 10 Hz per channel (or
more). I would like to get some ideas of what IC to use.

How sensitive is a thermocouple + cables to outside interference? Do I need
to filter out any voltage spikes from my measurements?

From: Tauno Voipio on
On 14.6.10 4:47 , John Smith wrote:
> Hello
>
> I need to sample 8 thermocouple channels at about 10 Hz per channel (or
> more). I would like to get some ideas of what IC to use.
>
> How sensitive is a thermocouple + cables to outside interference? Do I need
> to filter out any voltage spikes from my measurements?

How are you planning to handle the cold junction compensation?

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

From: John Smith on
"Tauno Voipio" <tauno.voipio(a)notused.fi.invalid> wrote in message

> How are you planning to handle the cold junction compensation?

A temperature sensor at the connection point.

From: hamilton on
On 6/14/2010 9:29 AM, John Smith wrote:
> "Tauno Voipio"<tauno.voipio(a)notused.fi.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> How are you planning to handle the cold junction compensation?
>
> A temperature sensor at the connection point.

Are you looking for a off-the-shelf solution, or your own design ?

I have used these parts for each channel ( four channel design):
http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3149
http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADuM1400_1401_1402.pdf

With a PIC and and LCD display.

hamilton
From: hamilton on
On 6/14/2010 10:06 AM, hamilton wrote:
> On 6/14/2010 9:29 AM, John Smith wrote:
>> "Tauno Voipio"<tauno.voipio(a)notused.fi.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> How are you planning to handle the cold junction compensation?
>>
>> A temperature sensor at the connection point.
>>

> Are you looking for a off-the-shelf solution, or your own design ?
>
> I have used these parts for each channel ( four channel design):
> http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3149
> http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADuM1400_1401_1402.pdf
>

> With a PIC and and LCD display.
>
> hamilton

And four of these as well: NMF0505SC
http://www.murata-ps.com/data/power/ncl/kdc_nmf.pdf

hamilton
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: tooling
Next: Simple hack to get $600 to your home.