From: Dave on
I was wondering if anybody knows when 80 Compatibility mode is no longer
going to be available or supported in SQL Server? I have programmers that
still use 80 (because they need to fix the code) but I'm looking to move SQL
2008. I would like to push them so we are using the most current
compatibility mode, but if I knew a release or date that 80 is not available
this would help me out.
From: Andrew J. Kelly on
It is supported in 2008 but will most likely go away in the next release.
Usually they only keep 2 levels back at most.

--

Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
Solid Quality Mentors