From: Desertphile on
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 00:00:26 -0500, Sam Wormley
<swormley1(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/2/10 10:55 PM, leonard78sp(a)gmail.com wrote:

> > We are in the last 20 years or so in the
> > countdown to reglaciation.

All the tropical residents on the planet wish that were happening.
It would expend food production in a greater portion of the world.
Unfortunately the reverse is happening.

> Wouldn't that nice, instead of all this global warmup!

It would be nice for some, bad for others. If Earth were cooling
instead of warming, food production in the most populated areas of
Earth woulkd increase instead of what it is currently doing
(decreasing); but food production in higher latitudes and higher
elevations would suffer.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz
From: Desertphile on
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 20:09:16 -0500, Sam Wormley
<swormley1(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/3/10 10:08 AM, Desertphile wrote:
> > On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 00:00:26 -0500, Sam Wormley
> > <swormley1(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > All the tropical residents on the planet wish that were happening.
> > It would expend food production in a greater portion of the world.
> > Unfortunately the reverse is happening.

> >> Wouldn't that nice, instead of all this global warmup!

> > It would be nice for some, bad for others. If Earth were cooling
> > instead of warming, food production in the most populated areas of
> > Earth woulkd increase instead of what it is currently doing
> > (decreasing); but food production in higher latitudes and higher
> > elevations would suffer.

> Oh the horror of it all... cooling or heating wrecks food production.

Of course it's a "horror." Millions of people starving to death,
trying to migrate northward.

> There are WAY to many humans on this earth... time to think about
> reducing reproduction rates. Education would be a good start.

Of course there are too many people on Earth. Nobody can do
anything about that problem. Why the bloody hell even mention it?