From: Zeb Carter on
I have a set of stereo BT headphones. I also use a Verizon HTC Touch Pro
2 with WinMo 6.5.

I can either use the the hands-free profile or the stereo audio profile.
In the audio mode, system sound events can be heard in the headphones.
If I enable system event sounds to be played thru the headset, I can
hear them in hands-free mode as well.

Now for the question - is there any way to use the mic on a phone call
in stereo audio mode?
From: Sven on
No. to your bottom line question. A2DP (Advanced Digital Distrubution
Profile) aka Stereo Audio, aka Wireless Stereo, doesn't support a mic.

However, You should actually be able to pair headphones, (assuming they have
a mic) with both the headset/handsfree profile and the stereo (A2DP) profile
at the same time. I have a Touch Diamond II equivalent, an AT&T Pure (WM6.5)
and it does that without any special effort. I just pair the
headphones/headset, in my case a Sony DR-BT12G, in accordance with the
normal procedure, put the headphones in pairing, search from the phone,
enter the passcode, and done.

In the advanced tab of the BT manager for the Sony, both Wireless Stereo and
Hands Free are checked.

At that point I can run Media Player and hear stereo. If a call comes in,
the BT stuff pauses the music, alerts me to an incoming call and I can
accept it from the headset. Hear and talk fine. When I complete the call,
the music resumes.

I can even hit the multi-function button on the Sony to activate Voice
Command. The music pauses, the VC beep happens, I make my request, the Pure
complies, and the music resumes. Two different profiles involved.

BT is actually designed so that multiple different profiles can run
simultaneously. I tried testing that once. Recall having a Stereo Audio,
handsfree, HID (keyboard/Mouse, and serial (ActiveSync connection) all
active at once. I think I ran out of different BT thingies to try.

BTW, since we are talking about a BT headphone, be aware that the volume on
your device may have nothing to do with the volume on your headphones.
Though it might. The amplifier in the headphones and the volume knob,
buttons, slider on the headphones control it. Just something to note. If
you have your device turned all the way up, and you disconnect the
headphones , (turn them off, they run out of juice), in the middle of a song
the sound will come out of your device at full volume. Can be a
embarrassing. I keep the media player volume on the device turned down.
Even if the two volume adjustments do work in conjunction, I keep the device
volume as low as possible while using the headphone volume adjustment for
comfort/preference.

..