From: Emmy Noether on
Title Portable LISP interpreter
Creator/Author Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
Publication Date 1978 May 31
OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
Report Number(s) UCRL-52417
DOE Contract Number W-7405-ENG-48
Resource Type Technical Report
Research Org California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
Lab.
Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
Description/Abstract A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the
major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
Country of Publication United States
Language English
Format Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
Availability Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
System Entry Date 2008 Feb 12
From: TheFlyingDutchman on
On Jul 23, 12:06 pm, Emmy Noether <emmynoeth...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Title   Portable LISP interpreter
> Creator/Author  Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
> Publication Date        1978 May 31
> OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
> Report Number(s)        UCRL-52417
> DOE Contract Number     W-7405-ENG-48
> Resource Type   Technical Report
> Research Org    California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
> Lab.
> Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
> INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
> PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
> Description/Abstract    A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the
> major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
> listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
> Country of Publication  United States
> Language        English
> Format  Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
> Availability    Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
> System Entry Date       2008 Feb 12

Is this available online? If only in hardcopy form, do they lend it
out?
From: Emmy Noether on
On Jul 23, 9:27 pm, TheFlyingDutchman <zzbba...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 12:06 pm, Emmy Noether <emmynoeth...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Title   Portable LISP interpreter
> > Creator/Author  Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
> > Publication Date        1978 May 31
> > OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
> > Report Number(s)        UCRL-52417
> > DOE Contract Number     W-7405-ENG-48
> > Resource Type   Technical Report
> > Research Org    California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
> > Lab.
> > Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
> > INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
> > PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
> > Description/Abstract    A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the
> > major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
> > listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
> > Country of Publication  United States
> > Language        English
> > Format  Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
> > Availability    Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
> > System Entry Date       2008 Feb 12
>
> Is this available online? If only in hardcopy form, do they lend it
> out?

I am glad to share with everyone. However its useless without the
ability to compile and run. Also with text, its easy to read and
discuss the code which has a listing of 900 lines.

I have already spent 4 hours scanning/processing to a stage where I
got a decent OCR which needs hand-verification of pages. I need 4 or 8
volunteers depending on whether one want to do two pages each or 1
page each. Its an hour of joyful work each for two pages. Explanation
are good quality. We will re-write to C, python etc.

It must be edited in emacs in fundamental mode to override pascal mode
indentation. Go to pascal mode periodically to colorize to indicate
errors, and then revert before inserting anything. Stay close to the
original page.

Email me to receive image and initial ocr and lots of fixes I did by
hand for more than 4hrs. Send only plain text message or it goes to
spam.

Then we share with everyone here or put it on some site.

E.N.

From: Emmy Noether on
On Jul 23, 9:27 pm, TheFlyingDutchman <zzbba...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 12:06 pm, Emmy Noether <emmynoeth...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Title   Portable LISP interpreter
> > Creator/Author  Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
> > Publication Date        1978 May 31
> > OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
> > Report Number(s)        UCRL-52417
> > DOE Contract Number     W-7405-ENG-48
> > Resource Type   Technical Report
> > Research Org    California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
> > Lab.
> > Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
> > INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
> > PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
> > Description/Abstract    A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the
> > major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
> > listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
> > Country of Publication  United States
> > Language        English
> > Format  Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
> > Availability    Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
> > System Entry Date       2008 Feb 12
>
> Is this available online? If only in hardcopy form, do they lend it
> out?

Are you willing to do some work on this ?

From: fortunatus on
On Jul 24, 6:42 pm, Emmy Noether <emmynoeth...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have already spent 4 hours scanning/processing to a stage where I
> got a decent OCR which needs hand-verification of pages. I need 4 or 8
> volunteers depending on whether one want to do two pages each or 1
> page each. Its an hour of joyful work each for two pages.

Sheesh, if you just focussed on typing in, you could be done by now
instead of fooling around with OCR and enlisting volunteers for
something that amounts to the same beginner experiment that has been
done 10,000 times: a fundamental Lisp interpreter.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good experiment, but it really needn't
require so much trouble...

For that matter, why not write your own? Start by replicating
McCarthy's group's initial interpreter...