Prev: a
Next: Tagging
From: Golf on
I have problems when opening the access file.

The error message shown "The expression On Open you entered as the event
property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while xx
was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control"

"Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) encountered a problem while attempting
to access a property or method. The problem may be one of the following:
A reference is missing.
For help restoring missing references, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base
article 283806.
An Expression is misspelled.
Check all expressions used in event properties for correct spelling.
A user-defined function is declared as a sub or as a private function in a
module.
Expressions can resolve a user-defined function only if the function is
declared as one of the following:
A public function in a module
A public or private function in a code module of the current form or report
Security in Access is set to Medium or High and the Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP8
update is not installed.
A more recent verion of Jet 4.0 must be installed for Access to function
properly when security is set to Medium or High. To obtain the latest version
of Microsoft Jet, go to Windows Update."

Normally I can open other files without problems. This is the only file
which I can not open and this file can be opened with other PCs/Laptops.

Could somebody help me on this pleae ??
From: Jerry Whittle on
Try opening the database on the problem computer while holding down the Shift
key.

As it's only happening on one computer, there is a very good chance that
there is a missing reference. With the database open, do a Ctrl + g key
combination. At the VBA window go up to Tools, References and see if there is
an missing references listed.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Golf" wrote:

> I have problems when opening the access file.
>
> The error message shown "The expression On Open you entered as the event
> property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while xx
> was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control"
>
> "Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) encountered a problem while attempting
> to access a property or method. The problem may be one of the following:
> A reference is missing.
> For help restoring missing references, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base
> article 283806.
> An Expression is misspelled.
> Check all expressions used in event properties for correct spelling.
> A user-defined function is declared as a sub or as a private function in a
> module.
> Expressions can resolve a user-defined function only if the function is
> declared as one of the following:
> A public function in a module
> A public or private function in a code module of the current form or report
> Security in Access is set to Medium or High and the Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP8
> update is not installed.
> A more recent verion of Jet 4.0 must be installed for Access to function
> properly when security is set to Medium or High. To obtain the latest version
> of Microsoft Jet, go to Windows Update."
>

> Normally I can open other files without problems. This is the only file
> which I can not open and this file can be opened with other PCs/Laptops.
>
> Could somebody help me on this pleae ??

Pages: 1
Prev: a
Next: Tagging