From: Bob CP on
On 5/11/2010 6:18 PM, Frank Martin wrote:
> Thank you. I have been doing this but it's very tedious.
> I have since found a thing called "ReNamer"
> http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=ReNamer
> which does what I want, and it works OK, but is a bit
> complicated.
> I have managed (so far) to load many folders each with many
> files into it and rename all the files, which I then
> consolidate into a master folder.
>
> I am still working to get the thing to do this
> automatically.
>
> Regards, Frank

xxcopy with the "flatten" option.

http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy16.htm
From: John Inzer on
Frank Martin wrote:
> Thank you. I have been doing this but it's very tedious.
> I have since found a thing called "ReNamer"
> http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=ReNamer
> which does what I want, and it works OK, but is a bit
> complicated.
> I have managed (so far) to load many folders each with many
> files into it and rename all the files, which I then
> consolidate into a master folder.
>
> I am still working to get the thing to do this
> automatically.
>
> Regards, Frank
===========================
Sorry...I thought it was pretty simple.

Anyway...thanks for the update.

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Frank Martin on

"Bob CP" <ctcboater(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On 5/11/2010 6:18 PM, Frank Martin wrote:
>> Thank you. I have been doing this but it's very tedious.
>> I have since found a thing called "ReNamer"
>> http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=ReNamer
>> which does what I want, and it works OK, but is a bit
>> complicated.
>> I have managed (so far) to load many folders each with
>> many
>> files into it and rename all the files, which I then
>> consolidate into a master folder.
>>
>> I am still working to get the thing to do this
>> automatically.
>>
>> Regards, Frank
>
> xxcopy with the "flatten" option.
>
> http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy16.htm

I have WinXP pro SP3
The computer will not recognize "XXCOPY" at the DOS promp.

Am I doing it right?

Frank

From: Doum on
"Frank Martin" <fm(a)general.com.au> �crivait news:ejb#BFZ8KHA.980
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

> "Bob CP" <ctcboater(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> On 5/11/2010 6:18 PM, Frank Martin wrote:
>>> Thank you. I have been doing this but it's very tedious.
>>> I have since found a thing called "ReNamer"
>>> http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=ReNamer
>>> which does what I want, and it works OK, but is a bit
>>> complicated.
>>> I have managed (so far) to load many folders each with
>>> many
>>> files into it and rename all the files, which I then
>>> consolidate into a master folder.
>>>
>>> I am still working to get the thing to do this
>>> automatically.
>>>
>>> Regards, Frank
>>
>> xxcopy with the "flatten" option.
>>
>> http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy16.htm
>
> I have WinXP pro SP3
> The computer will not recognize "XXCOPY" at the DOS promp.
>
> Am I doing it right?
>
> Frank

You must download the utility first, xxcopy is not built into Windows

http://www.xxcopy.com/xcpydnld.htm
From: Frank Martin on

"Doum" <me(a)domain.net> wrote in message
> "Frank Martin" <fm(a)general.com.au> �crivait
> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
>

>> "Bob CP" <ctcboater(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>>> xxcopy with the "flatten" option.
>>>
>>> http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy16.htm
>>
>> I have WinXP pro SP3
>> The computer will not recognize "XXCOPY" at the DOS
>> promp.
>>
>> Am I doing it right?
>>
>> Frank
>>

> You must download the utility first, xxcopy is not built
> into Windows
>
> http://www.xxcopy.com/xcpydnld.htm

Thanks. I'm finding the "ReNamer" rather good.