From: Kamil on
Good day Group,

Is there a way to remove frame from a 3D plot in mathematica? I am
writing a Journal paper in which I have about 8 3D plots from
mathematica and they seem to be taking so much space. Any help on ways
to make mathematica's 3D plot consume less space will be appreciated.

Thanks you all in advance.

From: Euler on
Boxed -> False, Axes -> False

From: J. Batista on
Here is a possible solution. You need to append the options Axes -> False,
Boxed -> False to your plot command line. For example: try the following
(note: the original Plot3D command comes from the Mathematica 7
documentation, while I appended the two above options to illustrate removal
of the frame):

Plot3D[Im[ArcSin[(x + I y)^4]], {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2}, Mesh -> None,
PlotStyle -> Directive[Yellow, Specularity[White, 20], Opacity[0.8]],
ExclusionsStyle -> {None, Red}, Axes -> False, Boxed -> False]

Regards,
J. Batista

From: David Park on
You can control the "look" of your plot using options. To see all the
options for Plot3D evaluate:

Options[Plot3D] // Column

Here is a Plot3D with a sample set of options that may be relevant for your
case.

f[x_, y_] := (x + y) Sin[x + y] + (x - y) Cos[x - y]
Plot3D[f[x, y], {x, -5, 5}, {y, -5, 5},
PlotStyle -> Brown,
Mesh -> False,
Lighting -> "Neutral",