From: Nilesh Govindarajan on
On 05/01/2010 10:23 PM, Andre Polykanine wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Just a basic question.
> I have my class starting like this:
>
> Class OireMail {
> // these are required
> public $smtp_server="";
> public $domain="";
> public $from="";
> public $login="";
> public $pass="";
>
> And then go the function themselves.
> I was told that it's better to put the initial variables in the
> __construct() function. What are the advantages of doing that and if I
> need to do it, how would I call the class from another file then?
> Thanks!

The advantages of initializing the variables in __construct() is that
whenever an object of the class is created, the variables have the
values you expect.

If you don't put them in __construct(), you will have to create another
method which will have to be called after you have created the object
using the new operator.

Ultimately its the same thing, __construct() is called automatically,
only that's the difference.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator