From: Thomas Gagne on
I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different
processes running on three different computers. In the middle of all
this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of:

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the
server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection
was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

and then posting returns to normal. Only one of the nine processes will
be affected. None of the applications are connecting/reconnection.
Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer 2008
running on a Windows 7 box.

The request does include a rather long SQL string sending an PDF
document as varbyte (or whatever it is) that is saved as a FILESTREAM.
That may be related, or may not.