From: Erland Sommarskog on
Thomas Gagne (TandGandGAGNE(a)gmail.com) writes:
> I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different
> processes running on three different computers. In the middle of all
> this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of:
>
> A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the
> server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection
> was forcibly closed by the remote host.)
>
> and then posting returns to normal. Only one of the nine processes will
> be affected. None of the applications are connecting/reconnection.
> Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer 2008
> running on a Windows 7 box.
>
> The request does include a rather long SQL string sending an PDF
> document as varbyte (or whatever it is) that is saved as a FILESTREAM.
> That may be related, or may not.

It may be SynAttack protection that strikes. More information on
http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/04/12/a-special-gne-general-network-error-messages-when-running-sql-server-after-installing-service-pack-1-for-windows-server-2003-and-tcp-registry-key-synattackprotect.aspx

Links for SQL Server Books Online: