From: f3rha4n on
hello.

i have created a model of a 3x3 MIMO wireless communication system for
estimating BER.
the transmission rate is 0.01Mbps and total number of transmitted bits =
1Mb which in real time will take app 100sec for this whole process

i want to translate this model over a DSK (c6416) for the sole purpose of
fast processing. is this possible? or will the DSK complete this process in
its actual time (100 sec) considering it is a real time processor. and even
if it takes 100 sec for this process , is there a way around this so that
the process can be completed in less than 10sec ?

i hope i made myself clear

Thanks

From: Steve Pope on
f3rha4n <furhaan(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.live.com> wrote:

>i have created a model of a 3x3 MIMO wireless communication system for
>estimating BER.
>the transmission rate is 0.01Mbps and total number of transmitted bits =
>1Mb which in real time will take app 100sec for this whole process
>
>i want to translate this model over a DSK (c6416) for the sole purpose of
>fast processing. is this possible? or will the DSK complete this process in
>its actual time (100 sec) considering it is a real time processor. and even
>if it takes 100 sec for this process , is there a way around this so that
>the process can be completed in less than 10sec ?

Not enough information.

"I have created a model" -- in what language, running on what
processor? Or is this just a paper design?

If you have some code, somewhere for your model, you can try measuring
its runtime (on any platform), then compare the performance of some
simpler benchmark on that same platform to the target (TI) platform,
then do a little arithmetic to come up with a guesstimate of the
runtime on the target platform.

Good luck --

S.