From: Salad on
I don't have A2010, just asking a question.

Let's say you hae a table; CustID, Customer, City, State, Zip and an
input for do display or enter data. Works good so you publish to the
web. People work and enter data and then you notice there's no address
field(s). I guess you modify the table structure from the desktop
application. But what if people have that table open on the web? IOW,
how do you make table structure changes for tables that may be in use by
others? Do you use AlterTable instead?

From: David W. Fenton on
Salad <salad(a)oilandvinegar.com> wrote in

> I don't have A2010, just asking a question.
>
> Let's say you hae a table; CustID, Customer, City, State, Zip and
> an input for do display or enter data. Works good so you publish
> to the web. People work and enter data and then you notice
> there's no address field(s). I guess you modify the table
> structure from the desktop application. But what if people have
> that table open on the web? IOW, how do you make table structure
> changes for tables that may be in use by others? Do you use
> AlterTable instead?

I haven't done this, but I'd expect what happens is:

1. you make the changes in your Access database.

2. you publish it to the Sharepoint server.

3. since Sharepoint is using SQL Server as its fundamental data
store, the change is appropriately serialized and rolled out to
users, just as it would be in a regular SQL Server.

But I'm just speculating here.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/