From: rahulponna on

Hi,

Firstly the reason I have the constraints of not using diodes is that the
AC input voltage is very low (200mV) and even low voltage Schottkey diodes
have a forward drop of (230mV). And regarding external power supply, this
circuit is aimed at energy harvesting, so the aim is to do everything with
only the harvested energy.

Any ideas?

-------------------------------------

Delivered via http://www.electrondepot.com/
Electronics Enthusiasts' Community of the Net
sci.electronics.design - 398962 messages and counting!
From: Paul Keinanen on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 03:37:03 +0000,
findprahul_at_yahoo_dot_co_dot_uk(a)foo.com (rahulponna) wrote:

>Hi,
>
> Firstly the reason I have the constraints of not using diodes is that the
>AC input voltage is very low (200mV) and even low voltage Schottkey diodes
>have a forward drop of (230mV). And regarding external power supply, this
>circuit is aimed at energy harvesting, so the aim is to do everything with
>only the harvested energy.
>
>Any ideas?

Use a transformer to increase the voltage to something usable before
rectification.

From: a7yvm109gf5d1 on
On Jul 22, 10:37 pm, findprahul_at_yahoo_dot_co_dot...(a)foo.com
(rahulponna) wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Firstly the reason I have the constraints of not using diodes is that the
> AC input voltage is very low (200mV) and even low voltage Schottkey diodes
> have a forward drop of (230mV). And regarding external power supply, this
> circuit is aimed at energy harvesting, so the aim is to do everything with
> only the harvested energy.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Delivered via  http://www.electrondepot.com/
> Electronics Enthusiasts' Community of the Net
> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> sci.electronics.design - 398962 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

You've already asked this. The answer is simple: back diodes.
From: amdx on

--
MikeK
"rahulponna" <findprahul_at_yahoo_dot_co_dot_uk(a)foo.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Firstly the reason I have the constraints of not using diodes is that the
> AC input voltage is very low (200mV) and even low voltage Schottkey diodes
> have a forward drop of (230mV). And regarding external power supply, this
> circuit is aimed at energy harvesting, so the aim is to do everything with
> only the harvested energy.
>
> Any ideas?

What frequency?

From: markp on
"rahulponna" <findprahul_at_yahoo_dot_co_dot_uk(a)foo.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Firstly the reason I have the constraints of not using diodes is that the
> AC input voltage is very low (200mV) and even low voltage Schottkey diodes
> have a forward drop of (230mV). And regarding external power supply, this
> circuit is aimed at energy harvesting, so the aim is to do everything with
> only the harvested energy.
>
> Any ideas?

Linear Technology have an energy harvesting chip that might be what you
need, LTC3108. This includes a syncronous rectifier foe efficiency.

Mark.