From: JGAVIGAN on
I HAVE A BSIC DATA FILE OF 5,000 ROWS AND 30 COLUMNS. IN THE SECOND COLUMN
THERE ARE NAMES OF CORPORATIONS. EACH ROW CORRESPONDS TO ONE MACHINES. EACH
MACHINE HAS NUMERICAL VOLUME IT PRODUCES. THERE MAY BE ONE ROW FOR EACH
CORPORATION OR MANY ROWS FOR A CORPORATION (DEPENDING ON HOW MANY MACHINES
THEY HAVE). I AM TRYING TO ADD THE TOTAL VOLUME FOR EACH CORPORATION. I NEED
HELP!!
--
JG
From: Sheikh Saadi on
Try Subtotal option.

1. Sort data by Corporations' name
2. Go to Data tab on ribbon
3. In Outline section, click on Subtotal
4. In first dropdown, “At each change in:”, select the name of the column in
which the Corporations are listed.
5. In “Use function” select the required formula, e.g. “Sum”
6. In “Add subtotals to” list box, check all the fields for which the Sum is
required.
7. Check the box for “Replace current subtotals”
8. Check the box for “Summary below data”
9. Hit OK button.

--
Sheikh Saadi

From: JGAVIGAN on
Sheikh,
You are a STUD!! Thanks it worked. How can I sort the subtotals from highest
to lowest? The regular sort feature won't work.
--
JG