From: Graham on
I'm trying to install the ahci driver using the original windows
disk and a floppy to my intel / gigabyte mb system .. as is . due
to a slight over sight . In have windows xop-pro installed with
qty 2 sata drives . but running the ide drivers

Ive made the driver floppy using the mb driver disk
started pc, run bios set up and set sata/raid/ahci to 'ahci' - re
booted
booted pc off windows set up disk
selected F6
At blue screen .. floppy disk - selected enter
selected as per book gigabyte driver (or intel driver)
driver installers..... returns to select screen ... enter ..
wx install continues ...... until 'windows is starting'
black screen with blue bar .. then blue screen crash
'drive not compatible or virus' (no virus on pc )

If I re set the bios to disable .. re boot ..pc boots from hard
drive as normal
i have tried the gigabyte driver and the intel driver .. same
problem
HD is western digital 500 g with 16k cashe so I assume it would
support the driver ?

is there something I have missed in the procedure ?

tnx - G ..