From: David Mark on
On Aug 1, 10:54 am, "Richard Cornford" <Rich...(a)litotes.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" wrote:
> > David Mark wrote:
>
> >> Why are you using XHTML when IE doesn't support it?  Clearly
> >> you are relying on error correction to turn it into HTML.
>
> > That assumption cannot be made from the posting.
>
> <snip>
>
> In the event that this document is being interpreted as XHTML by the
> browser, the:-
>
> | <input type="button" ... onClick="printFromHere();"/>
>                            ^^^^^^^
> - in the mark-up is sufficient to explain why clicking the button is not
> resulting in any apparent action.

It's a gEBI snafu from the bit of code I looked at. At a glance, I
don't think his markup would even parse as XHTML.

> However, that does suggest a reliance on the document being interpreted
> as HTML (and so error corrected), but possibly a reliance that is
> disappointed by the document actually being interpreted as XHTML.

That would be another possibility, but I think it is less than a
favorite in this case.
From: David Mark on
On Aug 1, 6:56 pm, Captain Paralytic <paul_laut...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 12:52 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:> LOL.  You really think this "jr" guy is using XML parse mode?
>
> This jr guy is a girl. Janis or Jane Rough.

Mea culpa. I must have mistaken her for another "JR" (or "jr"). Hard
to tell with such non-specific handles.

> She has been trying to program for 10 years and still can't master the
> basics.

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought she was an absolute beginner.

> Check out her posting profile in Google groups and you'll see what I
> mean.

I'll pass. :)
From: jr on
On Aug 1, 4:05 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 6:56 pm, Captain Paralytic <paul_laut...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 1, 12:52 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:> LOL.  You really think this "jr" guy is using XML parse mode?
>
> > This jr guy is a girl. Janis or Jane Rough.
>
> Mea culpa.  I must have mistaken her for another "JR" (or "jr").  Hard
> to tell with such non-specific handles.
>

> > She has been trying to program for 10 years and still can't master the
> > basics.
>
> I'm sorry to hear that.  I thought she was an absolute beginner.
>

> > Check out her posting profile in Google groups and you'll see what I
> > mean.
>
> I'll pass.

Excuse me but CP is incorrect. I was doing Filemaker databases for 10
years. That is not programming.
From: jr on

From: jr on
On Aug 1, 3:56 pm, Captain Paralytic <paul_laut...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 12:52 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:> LOL.  You really think this "jr" guy is using XML parse mode?
>
> This jr guy is a girl. Janis or Jane Rough.
>
> She has been trying to program for 10 years and still can't master the
> basics.
>
> Check out her posting profile in Google groups and you'll see what I
> mean.

YOu could take 10 years to learn something if you only did it once a
year for a few weeks.
It does not mean I was doing it every day for 10 years or for even
most of the last 10 years
Yes I'm trying to learn something new. You have no idea what you are
saying.