From: daniel.chawner on
I am trying to deploy a very simple website (one page with the
calendar extender, latest version 1.0) on a WinXP/IIS6.0 site. The
target server has the latest (1.0) installation of ASP.NET AJAX (the
dll's are in the GAC). I am getting '"AJAXControlToolkit" is
undefined' popup while viewing the page. The project has the
AJAXControlToolkit.dll (and .pdb) in the bin directory. This project
compiles and runs cleanly on my development box (also WinXP, using
ASP.NET development servers instead of IIS). I also tried both
installing the toolkit sample website on the target server...same
issue, and adding the AJAX dll's to the bin directory...no luck.

Is there another step that I need to take in order to use the toolkit
on a server without Visual Studio?

From: daniel.chawner on
On Jan 31, 10:37 am, daniel.chaw...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to deploy a very simple website (one page with the
> calendar extender, latest version 1.0) on a WinXP/IIS6.0 site. The
> target server has the latest (1.0) installation of ASP.NET AJAX (the
> dll's are in the GAC). I am getting '"AJAXControlToolkit" is
> undefined' popup while viewing the page. The project has the
> AJAXControlToolkit.dll (and .pdb) in the bin directory. This project
> compiles and runs cleanly on my development box (also WinXP, using
> ASP.NET development servers instead of IIS). I also tried both
> installing the toolkit sample website on the target server...same
> issue, and adding the AJAX dll's to the bin directory...no luck.
>
> Is there another step that I need to take in order to use the toolkit
> on a server without Visual Studio?

More details (from the Application exception log)
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: Web Event
Event ID: 1309
Date: 10/31/2006
Time: 10:43:45 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ATRTEST
Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 10/31/2006 10:43:45 AM
Event time (UTC): 10/31/2006 3:43:45 PM
Event ID: 51a710ff28c24197954aa4146bfbaefc
Event sequence: 9
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/
ToolkitTest_2-10-128067830251406250
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /ToolkitTest_2
Application Path: C:\ToolkitTest_2\
Machine name: ATRTEST

Process information:
Process ID: 1132
Process name: aspnet_wp.exe
Account name: ATRTEST\ASPNET

Exception information:
Exception type: ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Exception message: Specified argument was out of the range of
valid values.
Parameter name: utcDate

Request information:
Request URL: http://localhost/ToolkitTest_2/ScriptResource.axd?
d=n0GfYgtfWTs7yfFLvpwxi0kR043BX01yXymuqUzm0myg9GBN3soPZkLRWW8bKuNXEy9jNJSGMqNzisCBgheI8Q2&t=633050947360000000
Request path: /ToolkitTest_2/ScriptResource.axd
User host address: 127.0.0.1
User: ATRTEST\Administrator
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Negotiate
Thread account name: ATRTEST\ASPNET

Thread information:
Thread ID: 12
Thread account name: ATRTEST\ASPNET
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at
System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.UtcSetLastModified(DateTime utcDate)
at System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.SetLastModified(DateTime date)
at
System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.PrepareResponseCache(HttpResponse
response, Assembly assembly)
at
System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
at
System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Looks like the key error reported here is utcDate Argument out of
Range...I don't see this on the VS box.