From: James Coglan on

Hi all,

I've just released Faye 0.5. Faye is an easy-to-use publish-subscribe
messaging system for Ruby, Node.js and web browsers, based on the Bayeux
protocol. It lets you send messages between web clients without worrying
about pesky problems like client identification, network dropouts or
transport differences. The big highlights in this release:

* Use WebSockets in the browser where possible
* Compatibility with CometD servers and clients
* An extension API to layer extra functionality onto the server and client
* Handle multiple subscriptions per channel
* Improve handling of network dropouts and server restarts

More information is on my blog, and on the Faye website:

http://blog.jcoglan.com/2010/07/19/faye-0-5-websockets-protocol-extensions-api-and-cometd-integration/

http://faye.jcoglan.com

--
James Coglan