From: Suraj Kurapati on

Inochi

Gives life to Ruby projects

http://snk.tuxfamily.org/lib/inochi/

Inochi is an infrastructure for Ruby projects that helps you
test, document, package, publish, and announce your projects.
It encourages great documentation and reduces project
administrivia.

This release makes Inochi a development-time dependency only,
documents nearly everything in the help manual, renders the
help manual as a UNIX manual page, simplifies the project
infrastructure it provides, and removes needless cruft.

Incompatible changes:

* Inochi is no longer a runtime dependency (gem or
otherwise) for projects that use it. It also no longer
runs tests, creates project namespaces, or provides
libraries for internationalization, combinatorics,
command-line parsing, utility logic, or Rakefiles.
See PROJECTS to learn about the new Inochi
infrastructure.

* The help manual is now processed by [1]Ronn instead of
[2]ERBook. As a result, you may only use plain
[3]Markdown and [4]eRuby when writing it.

* Announcement publishing tasks no longer read login
information from the ~/.config/inochi/logins.yaml file
and prompt you to enter that information manually
instead. As a result, the forementioned file is no longer
recognized or used by Inochi so you may safely delete it.

New features:

* The help manual is now available as a UNIX manual page
(thanks to [5]Ronn) and is now divided into smaller files
that can be read directly without needing a special
viewer, and are named according to open-source packaging
conventions (such as README, HACKING, and LICENSE) so
that they draw the attention of users unaccustomed to the
organization of your project.

* A require class method is now added to the project's
namespace. This method verifies that the library or gem
being required meets the dependency version constraints
defined by the project.

* A test/runner script is now generated. It provides a
fast, self-contained way to run your project's test
suite.

* Inochi is now a Rake application. A Rakefile is not
necessary.

Housekeeping:

* Many KISS and YAGNI fueled iterations later, this is it!
:-)

* Nearly every aspect of Inochi is now meticulously
documented in the help manual to the best of my ability.
If I missed something important, please notify me or
contribute the correction yourself!