From: marlow.andrew on
On 11 Nov, 16:01, Eddy Pronk <epr...(a)muftor.com> wrote:
> I wrote something similar a few years ago.
>
> http://www.muftor.com/Wikka/wikka.php?wakka=NmDependhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/nmdepend/

Thanks. This is just the sort of thing I needed to know. I will go and
take a look. It will be interesting to see how you dealt with the
problem of nm output being platform-dependent.

Upon a quick glance I see nmdepend demangles C++ names. Why is that?
IMO it is not needed. If the names are kept as is then they will all
be consistent and that's what matters when matching up references to
definitions.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

From: Eddy Pronk on
marlow.andrew(a)googlemail.com wrote:
> On 11 Nov, 16:01, Eddy Pronk <epr...(a)muftor.com> wrote:
>> I wrote something similar a few years ago.

http://www.muftor.com/Wikka/wikka.php?wakka=NmDependhttp://sourceforge.net/p
rojects/nmdepend/

> Thanks. This is just the sort of thing I needed to know. I will go and
> take a look. It will be interesting to see how you dealt with the
> problem of nm output being platform-dependent.
>
> Upon a quick glance I see nmdepend demangles C++ names. Why is that?
> IMO it is not needed. If the names are kept as is then they will all
> be consistent and that's what matters when matching up references to
> definitions.

Internally it should store the mangled name. The demangling was put in
for reporting but it can be removed. Especially because demangle.h
doesn't get installed by GNU binutils.

Eddy

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3