From: Jeremy McAnally on
Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a reminder here that the CFP for the Ruby Hoedown
2010 is closing in just a few days, so make sure to get those
proposals in at http://bit.ly/9jn1ec. If you didn't see the initial
announcement, we're having the conference in Nashville, TN, again, but
this time at the Downtown Hilton on September 3-4. The cost is a
measly $0; that's right: it's free again this year!

So, mosy on over to http://rubyhoedown.com and submit a talk and/or
register up. We're looking for technical talks on just about any
topic related to Ruby (even loosely so!), so if you've got something
you're itching to talk about, let us know. We'd love to hear from
you! CFP closes July 2nd, so get over to http://bit.ly/9jn1ec!

If you're just going to register, then go right ahead at
http://rubyhoedown.eventbrite.com. We have a few ticket types (you
can just get a free ticket, buy a shirt, include a donation, etc.) and
a sweet group code for the Hilton ($99 a night! That's like half
off!). If you're unaware, Nashville was hit by major flooding this
year (the main reason we're not at the OpryLand this year
unfortunately), so in an effort to help them rebuild the city and take
care of its people, half of your donations through donation tickets
and $1 from every t-shirt purchased will be donated to a worthy local
charity (we're still debating which one, but the Red Cross is looking
like a front-runner). So, not only are you helping out the most
awesome regional Ruby conference ever, you're helping out a huge group
of people in need.

If you'd like to sponsor us, then check out the prospectus here:
http://rubyhoedown.com/images/sponsor_prospectus.pdf We offer a few
levels and can put together a custom sponsorship package if you'd like
(just drop us an e-mail).

We look forward to seeing you in Nashville in September! In the mean
time, follow @hoedown on Twitter for news and announcements (including
the imminent announcement of our keynote...).

Thanks!
Jeremy and the rest of the Hoedown team

--
http://jeremymcanally.com/