From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
The current version provides implementations of smart pointers, sets, maps,
directed graphs, directed weighted graphs, stacks, tables, string editing,
unbounded arrays, expression analyzers, lock-free data structures,
synchronization primitives (events, race condition free pulse events,
arrays of events, reentrant mutexes, deadlock-free arrays of mutexes),
pseudo-random non-repeating numbers, symmetric encoding and decoding, IEEE
754 representations support; strings editing and tables management.

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm

This release provides a persistence layer backed by SQLite. As a by-product
it includes SQLite bindings. Differently to renown GNADE the bindings link
the DB engine statically, which is probably the only case when one might
wish to use SQLite.

Another enhancement is that the parser tools now support sources based on
Ada streams. The stream is read using Character'Read. User-defined
delimiters (like line ends) are supported.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Michael R on
On Apr 9, 9:14 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...(a)dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:
> The current version provides implementations of smart pointers, sets, maps,
> directed graphs, directed weighted graphs, stacks, tables, string editing,
> unbounded arrays, expression analyzers, lock-free data structures,
> synchronization primitives (events, race condition free pulse events,
> arrays of events, reentrant mutexes, deadlock-free arrays of mutexes),
> pseudo-random non-repeating numbers, symmetric encoding and decoding, IEEE
> 754 representations support; strings editing and tables management.
>
>    http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm
>
> This release provides a persistence layer backed by SQLite. As a by-product
> it includes SQLite bindings. Differently to renown GNADE the bindings link
> the DB engine statically, which is probably the only case when one might
> wish to use SQLite.
>
> Another enhancement is that the parser tools now support sources based on
> Ada streams. The stream is read using Character'Read. User-defined
> delimiters (like line ends) are supported.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakovhttp://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Hi,

In another thread, it was pointed out that the standard Ada.Containers
types
are not safe in a multi-tasking environment. Since you mention
locking wrt
your structures, I assume they are safe in a multi-tasking env?

Take care,
Michael.
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:58:30 -0700 (PDT), Michael R wrote:

> In another thread, it was pointed out that the standard Ada.Containers types
> are not safe in a multi-tasking environment. Since you mention
> locking wrt your structures, I assume they are safe in a multi-tasking env?

Lock-free structures are safe when used as described on the page.

General case containers are not safe for the reasons same as for
Ada.Containers.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov