From: Daniel Molina Wegener on
Hello Python Community.

I'm pleased to announce pyxser-1.4.4r, a python extension which
contains functions to serialize and deserialize Python Objects
into XML. It is a model based serializer. Here is the ChangeLog
entry for this release:

---8<---
1.4.4r (2010.02.10):

Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw(a)coder.cl>

* src/include/pyxser_collections.h - added set handling
function prototypes. Added support for unicode
key names, which are converted to the user settings
encoding (ie utf-8) inside the XML output.
* src/pyxser_serializer.c - removed memory leak. Addded
support for unicode object names in dictionary/list types.
* src/pyxser_collections.c - added set handling function
prototypes. added name property handling algorithm, so
non string name properties are not serialized. I shall
extend it to other modules.
* src/pyxser_tools.c - added set handling prototypes and
set type checking function.
* test-utf8-leak.py - added serialization of SQL Alchemy
objects, so we can test more complex Python objects
serialization.
* test-utf8-sqlalchemy.py - added sql alchemy object
serialization test.
* src/pyxser_serializer.c - reduced serialization algorithms,
replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.
* src/pyxser_collections.c - reduced serialization algorithms
replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.
* src/pyxser_typem.c - reduced serialization algorithms,
replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.

Thanks to pyxser users for their feedback.
---8<---

This release contains some bug fixes, mainly related to type
checking and type handling. I hope this small extension will
help you on your programming tasks.

The project is hosted at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxser/

The web page for the project is located at:
http://coder.cl/products/pyxser/

PyPi entry is:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyxser/1.4.4r

For a sample article on how to integrate
pyxser with ZSI WebServices:
http://coder.cl/2009/10/18/pyxser-and-zsi-webservices/

Thanks and best regards,
--
Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw [at] coder [dot] cl>
Software Architect, System Programmer & Web Developer