From: Jeffrey Merkey on
CURRENT
http://open-cworthy-linux-packet-generator.googlecode.com/files/cwgen-07-27-2010.tar.gz

REPOSITORIES
http://code.google.com/p/open-cworthy-linux-packet-generator/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cworthypktgen/

FIXES
- fix pthread_mutex_lock deadlock in refresh_screen() wen called from
pthread_cancel
- add support for shaded fields based on field input
- add cwgen packet generator CWorthy sample application.
- add cwgen.ko support for linux kernel 2.6.34.1
- add clear_portal_storage function for clearing portal storage
without blanking the screen
- add MSDOS and DRDOS build defines and includes
- add Windows build defines and includes
- add pthread_setcancelstate() to sample program to prevent deadlocks during
calls to pthread_cancel. You need to set the cancel state to disable when
pthread_mutex_lock is called and a process is holding a lock during cancel
operations
- add saved flag to menu_frame to check if we have previously saved a screen
area before calling restore_menu
- add fixes to input_portal_fields to redraw the portal after F10 submit

TODO
- write another cworthy kernel app and think about more
- write cworthy application version of net-tools for network monitoring
- write cworthy application for monitoring disk and lan throughput totals

More flexible and better than pktgen for demos because you can see what is
happening. Also supports concurrent generation sessions over the same adapter.

I use this tool for my internal use, but its a good example of a useful CWorthy
app on Linux.

Jeff Merkey