From: Cheri on
UPCRC Illinois Summer School on Multicore Programming, July 19-23,
2010 at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Apply to attend
on-site or online. Deadline to apply: 5/15/10. More information online
at: http://www.upcrc.illinois.edu/summer/2010/index.html.

From: John G Harris on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 at 11:28:26, in comp.lang.c++.moderated, Cheri
wrote:
>UPCRC Illinois Summer School on Multicore Programming, July 19-23,
>2010 at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Apply to attend
>on-site or online. Deadline to apply: 5/15/10. More information online
>at: http://www.upcrc.illinois.edu/summer/2010/index.html.

Could the moderators politely ask people who announce international
events to please give the name of the country.

All right, Urbana-Champaign is pretty obvious, but a while ago there was
an event in Vancouver OR. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't
know that OR is not a Canadian province ID.

{ Noted. Comments on whether such announcements of courses etc. are on-topic are
welcome. Our current guidelines are: "articles that target a particular
geographic area (e.g. announcements for C++ classes in California), or a
particular institution (e.g. C++ Compilers are available at a reduced rate to
employees of XYZ Corp.), or any other limited segment of the C++ community are
liable to rejection. Short announcements of new books and events are currently
the only acceptable articles of a commercial nature." -mod/alf }

John
--
John Harris