Prev: DB_DataObject calling stored procedures
Next: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Validate_CA-0.2.0 (beta) Released.
From: "PEAR Announce" on 14 Dec 2009 20:59
The new PEAR package PHP_UML-1.5.0 (stable) has been released at http://pear.php.net/.
* Added a new exportation format ("htmlnew") for a better browsing experience.
* PHP_UML can now parse procedural code (functions and constantes). The "htmlnew" format benefits from this new capability, which makes PHP_UML closer to a tool like PHPDocumentor
* Fixed a bug with quotes
* Major refactoring of the API. PHP_UML is now structured in 3 main packages: "Input" contains the classes that are used to build an UML model (Parser for ex), "Output" contain the classes that can serialize/export an UML model into something else, and "Metamdodel" contains all the metaclasses that the model is made of.
PHP_UML is a PHP parser, an XMI generator and a documentation tool.
Practically, with PHP_UML, you will be able to feed a UML CASE tool, like Rational Rose or Argouml, with a UML representation of existing PHP source code. This way, you get an instant overview of a PHP application, with all the usual functions of a software design tool (such as class diagrams exportation, refactoring of object-oriented applications, or automatic code generation).
- Can generate UML/XMI files in version 1.4, or in version 2.1 (logical, component, and deployment views)
- Can generate an API documentation in HTML format
- Can generate PHP code (code skeleton) from a given XMI file
- Can convert UML/XMI content from version 1.4 to version 2.1
- Parses object-oriented PHP code, in all versions (classes, interfaces, functions, properties...)
- From version 1.5, PHP_UML can also parse procedural code (functions and constants). See the "htmlnew" exportation format
- Interprets the PHP namespacing instructions (namespace and use)
- Parses comment docblocks: class (@package), function (@param, @return), property (@var) and header file comments (@package)
- Detects types (by parsing the type hints, and by analyzing the default values)
Package home: http://pear.php.net/package/PHP_UML
Baptiste Autin (lead)