From: Martin Trump on

> "Mike Williams" wrote:
>>
>>> I'm keeping a wheezy old 66 MHz, Win2k m/c running here 'cos it runs the
>>> API-Guide. If I d/load it in Win XP and try to run it says:- Run-time
>>> error '5' Invalid call or argument.

>> Which API Guide do you mean? The KPD Team API Guide installs and works fine
>> in Vista, and I'm sure it works in XP as well. If that is the guide you are

>> http://allapi.mentalis.org/agnet/apiguide.shtml
[Snips above]

Mike
Thanks. I've followed the link using two m/c's [Firefox and IE8] and
still get the same error. Both are on XP Home, are stable and AFAIK
virus free. Any further help appreciated.

Martin
From: Mike Williams on

"Martin Trump" <martin(a)wmeadow.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> http://allapi.mentalis.org/agnet/apiguide.shtml
> [Snips above]
>
> Mike. Thanks. I've followed the link using two m/c's [Firefox
> and IE8] and still get the same error. Both are on XP Home,
> are stable and AFAIK virus free. Any further help appreciated.

Are you selecting Save (rather than Run) when the download message pops up?
That's what I usually do, and then I run it from my desktop or wherever it
is i've saved it to. All I can say is it works fine on both of my Vista
machines and I'm fairly sure that the same download also instaleed and
worked fine when I had XP. I don't currently have XP installed on any
machine so i can't test that at the moment. Have you got the VB5 runtime and
associated files installed by the way, which the APIGuide requires? Or
perhaps you have a version of the VB5 runtime that APIGuide does not like?
There is a link to the required VB5 runtime on the same page as the APIGuide
download link. Have you tried downloading and installing that before
downloading and installing the APIGuide itself?

Mike

From: Mayayana on
For what it's worth, I just downloaded that and
installed it. agsetup.exe. It works fine for me on
XP SP3. Maybe you have something running
that's causing a conflict?

From: Martin Trump on
On 17/04/2010 15:49, Mayayana wrote:
> For what it's worth, I just downloaded that and
> installed it. agsetup.exe. It works fine for me on
> XP SP3. Maybe you have something running
> that's causing a conflict?

Thanks but two more tries. D/led the VB5 run time, installed it then the
API guide. The problem remains :-) I'm trying a working around
Martin
From: Martin Trump on
On 17/04/2010 15:27, Mike Williams wrote:
> perhaps you have a version of the VB5 runtime that APIGuide does not
> like? There is a link to the required VB5 runtime on the same page as
> the APIGuide download link. Have you tried downloading and installing
> that before downloading and installing the APIGuide itself?

Yes, downloaded and installed the VB5 run time from the page but still
the same prob but my workaround looks as if it is going to work.
[OT. Mike, would you care to e-mail me?]

Martin