From: 3P on
Dnia 13-10-2009 o 15:57:28 John Rivers <first10(a)btinternet.com> napisa�(a):

> Hi
>
> Since upgrading one web app to 2.0 the AppDomain recycles whenever
> there is a change in the bin folder
>
> This results in a new AppDomain being created and a full recompilation
> of the web app
>
> This takes around 20 seconds and uses about 75% cpu in the process
>
> On the production server this is not a problem as changes to the bin
> folder are rare
>
> But whilst I am developing - being forced to wait 20 seconds again and
> again and again
>
> is extremely frustrating and interfering with my productivity
>
> ASP.NET 1.1 had a really useful (for me) bug/feature where you could
> load the same DLL again and again
>
> as there is no way to unload a managed DLL this is technically a
> memory leak - but only whilst developing
> thus once a day a simple IISRESET would solve the problem
>
> ASP.NET 2.0 has been redesigned partly to avoid this memory leak
> problem
>
> And that is my problem - I *want* the memory leak as it means I can
> work quickly
>
> Does anybody know, or can anybody think of a way to stop this unwanted
> AppDomain recycling?

You should look at <compile optimizeCompilations="true" batch="false">

I'm not sure about batch attribute now. First one needs a special download
from MS. It isn't in ASP.NET by default. At least it wasn't in 2.0.

Pages: 1
Prev: Closing connections
Next: SqlDataSource