From: L . Lee Saunders on
HELP!

Any time a control that posts using DoPostback (ie, via javascript) the
event is fired twice on the server.

Example: Regular asp:Buttons do not fire twice but autopostback
dropdownlists do as well as <Button runat="server" OnServerClick="asdf">
controls.

INFO: asp.net 4.0 C#
dev machines: both XP & 7
master pages with lots of ASCX controls on each page for control reuse.

(Though, the double fire even happened on the login page where there are no
ascx controls)

Please help, this is bringing down the project.
--
L. Lee Saunders
From: Brian Cryer on
"L . Lee Saunders" <LLeeSaunders(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP!
>
> Any time a control that posts using DoPostback (ie, via javascript) the
> event is fired twice on the server.
>
> Example: Regular asp:Buttons do not fire twice but autopostback
> dropdownlists do as well as <Button runat="server" OnServerClick="asdf">
> controls.

I've not moved to .Net 4 yet, so this is only a suggestion: Can you produce
a simple example with say just one control on it which exhibits this
behaviour - starting from a new empty project? If not then its probably
related to something that's been added to the page or more likley in your
code-behind.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian