From: RM on
Hi guys,
I am using ASP.net Membership, Role and Profile under Windows form and it is
working fine.
Now I want to encapsulate it in a DLL that can be used with my Forms and
Other DLLs if required.

The problem is that when I am calling the encapsulated
membership/role/profile library things doesn't work
(some error message like "membership/role/profile is not enabled"). Things
working again if I add the App.config
file from the encapsulated membership/role/profile libary to the library or
the forms project that I am calling it.

My problem is that I don't want to duplicate the same App.config (which has
the menbership/role sections) again
and again.

The question is how can achieve this? How can I force other project files to
use the same App.config that is
defined in the DLL? Any suggestions?

many thanks

RM

From: S. Justin Gengo on
RM,

Each application uses it's own app.config file to control it's own settings.
So sharing an app.config file isn't a great idea.

But, you can have your dll write what it needs to the app.config file itself
so that you don't have to manually copy the data every time:

http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/27179-Dynamic-App-Settings.aspx

--

Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP