From: Penang on
I read a review on ATI Catalyst driver ( @ http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1253/1
) and they mention that there is a new 10.3 Preview Edition available.

According to the review, certain applications (mainly games) really
speeds up using that new driver.

The driver is supposed to be available from
http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/tips/Pages/catalyst-10-3-preview.aspx

But there is one thing that I do not understand. From the review:

"The difference between the two is that Catalyst™ 10.3a Preview will
contain future Eyefinty 6 updates and an Alien vs. Predator
optimization which the Catalyst™ 10.3 WHQL posting does not have."

What I do not understand is this --- how come the "preview version"
has optimizations but the WHQL version, which is supposed to be the
"official version", do not have those optimizations?

Why??
From: Boris Badenov on
Penang wrote:

> What I do not understand is this --- how come the "preview version"
> has optimizations but the WHQL version, which is supposed to be the
> "official version", do not have those optimizations?
>
> Why??

Because those optimizations were too new to submit for WHQL testing and
will be in the next version of WHQL drivers after this release. That's
what I read at HardOCP anyway.